Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Stat Analysis


Mission: Stat Analysis for each month this year
My first mission is to analyze my data so far for the year. This will will be a statistical analysis based on this post how to use poker tracker from 2p2

1. Do you have sufficient preflop aggression?
My average position aggression is 76% from BB to BTN. definitely aggro enough

2. Are you positionally aware?
Yes. My Btn vpip is exactly double my UTG vpip.

3. How's my stealing?
My average att. to steal blinds is 32% which is very good. when i filter for 'chance to steal & raised' my aver bb/100 hands is 0.42. multiply this by 100 and you get 42. which is 8.5 times my average bb/100? I'm not sure if i've done this one right but my stealing is profitable so i'm satified with that.

4. Defending the blinds.
when i filter for 'either blind' & 'put money in' my vpip is 0.42 so im profitable in the blinds when i play. after filtering for 'steal attempted against my blinds' my bb/100 hands goes up to 0.67, so ya do mess with my blinds!

5. Heads-up play. LEAK, LEAK, LEAK!
when i filter for heads up play my average vpip is 0.02, which seems very weak. I filtered this by month and it didn't get any better in fact most months were break even or negative. I filtered for 'no raise' and my bb/100 hands is -0.11. So obviously i have a problem when i'm not the aggressor in a hand as well as heads up.

6. Multiway pots.
when i filter for hands between 3 to 10 players my bb/100 is .04. I don't know what these numbers should look like but that doesnt seem very good to me... ok just chked and with no filters on my bb/100 hands is .05 (this is in the sections just below the stats pictured above), so i guess .04 is not the suck. however when i filter for 'no raise' by bb/100 goes to -.04. obviously i suck in unraised pots, which is why i hardly ever limp :)

7. Pocket pairs.

My VPIP with all pps is 96% and my pfr is 80%. I've lost with most of the lower pairs, mostly to flushes, straights and the occasional set over set.

see this sick little hand below. lol at the guy with AA.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: HTML)



UTG ($120.25)

Hero ($60.05)

SB ($49)

BB ($64.50)



Preflop: Hero is Button with 5h, 5c.

UTG calls $0.50, Button raises to $2.5, SB calls $2.25, BB calls $2, UTG calls $2.



Flop: ($10) 5d, Tc, 8d (4 players)

SB bets $6, BB calls $6, UTG calls $6, Hero calls $60.05 (All-In), SB calls $48.75 (All-In), BB calls $64 (All-In), UTG calls $56.



Turn: ($256.80) 4c (4 players, 3 all-in)



River: ($256.80) 2s (4 players, 3 all-in)



Final Pot: $256.80



Results below:

BB has As Ad (one pair, aces).

UTG has 6s 7s (straight, eight high).

Hero has 5h 5c (three of a kind, fives).

SB has 8s 8h (three of a kind, eights).

Outcome: UTG wins $256.80.

8. Suited connectors.
when filtering for suited connectors i have a bb/100 of .03 which is positive so its good. when cold calling with these hands my bb/100 is a very good .29 per hand. so i'm playing my suited connectors well.

9. Unsuited connectors.
when filtering for these type hands my bb/100 is .27 which is again very good but AKo makes up a large percentage of that, which it i'd say its about .02. however when i cold call with these type of hands my bb/100 is .37 per hand, of course i'm cold call with very few hands.

10. Postflop aggression.
After a preflop raise i bet or raise a total of 56% percent of the time. My total agression factor is 2.58

11. Check-raising.
After a preflop raise i c/r 1.39% of the time a little more than this artical recommends but i feel that its ok.


Well there it is a complete broke down of my first 90k hands this year.I've identified one major leak which is my heads up play and my play in multiway pots.

1 comment:

GWC said...

I use the same 2+2 post to analyse my own stats every month or so.
Good luck by the way.

AddThis Feed Button