Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sunday Tourny Results

Went out and got some lunch and a redbull just incase i go deep in anything and need the boost. Made it back just in time for the start of my first tourny

$22 20K Guaranteed @ 12n

- This is a deep stack tourny starting with 3k chips and 15min blinds

- I'm amazed at how bad the players are... I see one guy open shove with ATo and alot of overplaying TP... also very loose

- I take down a few pots... called a 4xbb r(bb=20) with 44 and flopped the boat 4s9s9d villain cbets weak and i smooth call, turn 2h villain chks and i bet like an idiot... failed to extract.

- several hands later i raise up several limpers with AQo and get called by everyone, flop comes 239r and i cbet little more than half pot to take it down

- Alot of loose play... i raise 3xbb (bb=30)with 98s utg+1, MP villain shoves +5k chips and is called by btn with +4k chips. showdown: A3s vs. AJs split pot on straight

- Next hand I raise utg with JJ, same MP villain that showed A3s last hand shoves again, no callers.. in 2+2 vernacular; I snap call, high five the monitor, pump fist

- Villain showed AJs... flopped the flush :( turned the royal flush for good measure:( :( and i'm out in 28minutes of play. sweet tourny though.

This was to be the theme for the day unfortunately. Instead of jumping into something esle right away i decided to wait the hour or so for my next tourny; the $11 15k daily.

- I played pretty good in this one and had a big stack +18k @ 200/400 50antes, when i made a pretty standard steal attempt with A3s.

- BB flat calls. Flop comes As4h3h... I bet little more than half the pot... villain c/r AI for +18k... he covered

- couldve flopped a set? but could also have a draw, yes? 52, A4? nah. Could i get away from this?

- I bet weak on a drawy flop, i was pretty active... I have 2pair hidden monster... So many hands i beat make a move here... hmmm

- I make the call, Villain shows AhKh for TPNFD and I'm a 55/45 dog on the flop. Turn Kd, River Ks. nh gg.

- perhaps i could've gotten away, nah. I think I'm way ahead there most of the time

- Just reviewed the tourny and i ran pretty well up front to build this stack. I had been pretty active... perhaps a bit too active for stage of the tourny and my stack size to blind ratio. But i had decided that i'd keep a real active image yesterday. That had nothing to do with busting out... just felt i couldve pulled it back a bit.

The 100k had started so i was still in a tourny. But it was mid day and it was another really hot Sunday. Then poker tracker decided to act up... freezing and taking Stars with it. When i got everything back up i was getting errors so i had to play blind again. So no tracker, I'm hot and uncomfortable... not a good combo.

I get it AI in SB vs BB with QJ vs AT on 99T flop early in tourny. Turn is a T for the boat obviously and i'm out of another tourny. Pretty large field though so i think i had to make moves early.

Oh there's more my friends.

Decided to let things cool down a bit. So i watched TV and slept till around 8pm when i got in the $27 25K Guaranteed.

- I was doing pretty good, had +6k chips at 75/150
- I raised KK utg... I get called by MP, SB and BB
- Flop comes KJ5r and i lead out for 1100 into a 1800 pot
- MP villain shoves, I snap call, high five the monitor, pump fist..
- Villain shows QTs. A on turn gives him the straight :( and i don't improve by river.
- I'm left with a functional stack of around 2500, blinds go up to 100/200, i'm below avg stack and eventually bust out.

At this point I'm done with the large field tournaments for the day and go on to play some $6, $12 and even a $27 45 man turbo sngs and a few $12 180s. I recover the days buy-ins plus $90.00 extra... so i didnt lose money on the day but not quite the profit margin i was aiming for.

w/e



If you haven't heard about him yet just want to bring your attention to this sick individual... 850k profit in May... so far.

One of these days... One of these days....

-Isgrinder

No comments:

AddThis Feed Button